This Bedouin identity study has been conducted in Israel from September 2017 to May 2018. Totally independent, it follows previous studies about Identity of Israel, Druze, Israeli Arabs.
– Another word is ‘’personality’’.
Some anthropologists or sociologists speak of ‘’the soul of a nation’’.
– It applies to what makes a person, a company, a country, specific, unique, distinct from others.
-It comes from ‘’idem’’, and defines what stay permanent through changes and time.
– Identity is not only conceptual. It is a force.
It is not static and passive, it is dynamic and active.
It is faithful to the past, it boosts the present and conducts the future.
– This study is non-academic, it is an operational one.
That means that it does not only describe the situation of the Bedouin identity in Israel but has an operational objective : to offer to the Bedouin community an objective representation of its present situation and an help and recommendation to improve it and to optimize it for the future.
– It is not quantitative, it is a qualitative study.
-it is based upon around 30 confidential, open interviews, internal and external to Bedouin community and to exams of articles, books, web site, films and videos, precedent studies.
It includes 4 successive phases: observation, interpretation, creation, application